For some, the question might seem redundant, and the answer obvious: We practice medical missions to help people!
However, if you were to look around online, you would find a number of objections to medical missions.
Some object to the religious or philosophical grounds.
Others argue that it creates dependency.
Others reason that there cannot be sufficient post-visit care.
Some say that those giving the care are not always qualified.
A few might denigrate the motives of those offering their services.
I can definitely say that we have seen positive and practical answers to these and other questions during our years of medical mission clinics.
Here is a short video sharing a bit about medical missions:
We are very excited about the opportunities through our mini-medical campaign the last week of April.
Would you pray with us:
- That God would prepare hearts to hear and receive His Word.
- That God would give smoothness, safety, and health during the campaign.
- That God would provide the approx. $2000 for travel and to purchase the medicines. (Giving can now be done online here!)
- That God would save souls and they would be added to the churches.
Would you praise with us:
- God has provided a doctor, a dentist, a nurse, and the possibility of others coming to help as well.
- God has given us favor with the local health offices who are working on our permission and paperwork now.
- God has given us many contacts where we can hold the clinics and then continue to make disciples of Jesus Christ.