Thank you so much for your interest in our ministry to The Madre de Dios department of Peru.
We trust you will find this website helpful as you keep our ministry in your prayers.
–The Fitzgerald Family:
Buddy, Loren, Joseph, Isaiah, and Abigail
- Quarrelby Buddy FitzgeraldI’m sure that none of us would like to be none as quarrelsome. Not only is this a negative description of a person, but the Bible has a lot to say about it. Merriam-Webster defines it this way. In the New Testament I found 7 different words which are translated quarrel, or something similar. The first four all come from the same root. Each word informs us and each text certainly warns us. 3163. μάχη mache, makh´-ay; from 3164; a battle, i.e. (figuratively) controversy: — fighting, strive, striving. 2Cor. 7:5 For even when we came into Macedonia, our bodies had […]
- Quite the August month.by Buddy FitzgeraldOnce again, I’d like to take time to give glory to God for what He is doing, and update you on our activities here. Life has been busy, as usual, but thankfully not so much as the month of July. I have once again taken over the teen ministry. One of our interns was charged with that group, but he left suddenly last month. I rejoice in the opportunity to have an impact on these young folks! At the beginning of the month we were able to travel to a mountain town, which required a short plane ride and 8 […]
- July Joysby Buddy FitzgeraldThis month has been memorable in many ways. We have had four separate teams here, and three of them were actually overlapping somewhat! The month started with a teen vision trip from our home church: Faith Baptist Church, in Taylors, SC. The team was comprised of youth pastor, Jordan Alexander, Eric & DeeDee Groves, and 13 teens. They all crashed at our place, and we kept each other quite busy. We had a full van every time. The teens did mimes in the open-air market.
- Peeling Potatoesby Buddy FitzgeraldDo you eat potatoes? Do you peel potatoes before eating them? Most French fries are peeled. Chicken and fries is one of the most common meals in Peru. Many towns and smaller cities do not have any North American fast restaurants. Chicken with fries is sometimes as close as it gets. The fries in these restaurants are always from peeled potatoes. Additionally, Peru is known as the home of the potato, with over 4000 varieties! It is obviously a staple food. I have almost never (maybe never?) met a Peruvian who eats the potato with the skin still on. Once […]
- Teen jungle outingby Buddy FitzgeraldGod gave us a beautiful time together and lovely weather for the jr/sr high outing. There were about 25 with us, and everyone had a great time. Sofía took care of the food organization, Brenny did the schedule and gave the morning devotional, Hetler planned the games, Buddy gave the afternoon devotional, and Loren helped in myriad ways. The Lord truly blessed our ALFA group, and several first-time visitors, with some great memories! May our great Father raise up these young people to love and serve Him. ALFA stands for: Adolescentes (adolescents) Lidiando a ser (fighting to be) Fiel (faithful) […]